Analyst, Asset Management (New York)
About The Position
This New York, NY (HQ) based position’s primary responsibility will be for analytical support with respect to a portfolio of assets which includes primarily equity investments in various types of real estate including multifamily, office, industrial, hotel and retail. The position will also play a role in the asset management of a portfolio of assets. Additionally, duties will include assisting in the underwriting of new investments. Responsibilities will be varied and a significant amount of travel will be required.
- Prepare and maintain property cash flow projections and IRR models for use in corporate earnings models and other projects
- Prepare and maintain property valuations using discounted cash flow models, cap rate analyses, and comparable sales comparisons.
- Assist in the preparation of submarket studies, hold/sell analyses and detailed business plans
- Prepare and maintain quarterly asset management reports for presentation to senior management
- Actively participate in internal presentations/discussions and defend valuation conclusions and provide explanations for criteria
- Formulate and provide insightful opinions to help generate actions to be taken in the portfolios
- Monitor real estate submarket activity and prepare market analysis, property sale recommendations and lease recommendations
- Interact with brokers, tenants, buyers, 3rd party managers, and others in helping manage various leasing, sales, and development projects.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for presentation to senior management
- Assist in the origination and analysis of new investments.
- Business related undergraduate degree preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience
- Must have a high level of proficiency with financial modeling/spreadsheets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Argus Software Must have related work experience in Real Estate or Analyst field and familiarity with finance terms and structures and industry-standard operating assumptions for both commercial and multi-family/condo properties
- A positive and proactive work ethic
- Extremely detail-oriented and resourceful
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and work well under time/other constraints
- Pride of ownership in end work product
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently
iStar (NYSE: STAR) is focused on reinventing the ground lease sector, unlocking value for real estate owners throughout the country by providing modern, more efficient ground leases on all types of properties. As the founder, investment manager and largest shareholder of Safehold Inc. (NYSE: SAFE), the first publicly traded company to focus on modern ground leases, iStar is helping create a logical new approach to the way real estate is owned, and continues to use its historic strengths in finance and net lease to expand this unique platform. Recognized as a consistent innovator in the real estate markets, iStar specializes in identifying and scaling newly discovered opportunities and has completed more than $40 billion of transactions over the past two decades.
iStar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer