Real Estate Accountant, RE Portfolio
About The Position
SUMMARY: The Real Estate Accountant of iStar’s Real Estate Portfolio (NYSE:STAR) is primarily responsible for monthly property closings in accordance with GAAP, participation in the quarterly reporting process, interaction with external/internal auditors, transaction processing, budget preparation and assistance with various special projects. This position will also contribute to accounting and reporting for Safehold (NYSE:SAFE), a ground lease company.
· Perform property close in Yardi for real estate assets
· Assistance with quarterly report preparation
· Assistance with internal/external auditor requests
· Prepare real estate property budgets
· Assistance with cash receipt postings and other transactions
· Perform special accounting/financial projects and analyses
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· General working knowledge of GAAP
· One to two years of real estate accounting experience preferred
· Experience with Excel and real estate accounting software preferred; Yardi experience a plus
· Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
iStar (NYSE: STAR) is focused on reinventing the ground lease sector, unlocking value for real estate owners throughout the country by providing modern, more efficient ground leases on all types of properties. As the founder, investment manager and largest shareholder of Safehold Inc. (NYSE: SAFE), the first publicly traded company to focus on modern ground leases, iStar is helping create a logical new approach to the way real estate is owned, and continues to use its historic strengths in finance and net lease to expand this unique platform. Recognized as a consistent innovator in the real estate markets, iStar specializes in identifying and scaling newly discovered opportunities and has completed more than $40 billion of transactions over the past two decades.
iStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer